Special Population Marketing
- For this article, Log In to:
- View eVersion | Download PDF
Casey Conrad, President of Communication Consultants, and a 30-year veteran in the business has been saying this for years, "you get rich in the niche. What's your niche?" When I owned and managed 21 locations, I heard what she said, but I didn't listen. It wasn't until we sold off and downsized our operation to one club that I truly figured out what she was talking about.
In the past 18 months, we have generated over $250,000 in revenue from running programs for folks who are struggling with metabolic syndromes. In this article, I will tell you what we did and how we did it.
The Core Offering: Our core offering, our three-point plan, offered as a Unique Selling Proposition (USP), stayed the same in all the programs we ran in the past 18 months. We just changed to whom we marketed; our core offering now includes:
- Unlimited access to our personal training services in a one-on-one, small- and large-group setting. These sessions are customized based on current movement patterns, current and past medical history, current fitness goals and schedule.
- Weekly sessions with a Registered Dietitian. These sessions are done in a group setting and designed to cover specific topics. There is a lesson plan along with a three-ring binder that everyone gets to follow along.
- Unlimited access to our facility.
Types of Programs: In the past 18 months, we've presented 4- and a 6-week diabetes programs, heart disease programs, folks who are living and are affected by obesity (transformation programs), bridal boot camp programs and joint replacement programs. In our town, I want to be known as THE metabolic expert in that market. What gives us the expertise and authority? We have a Master of National Academy of Sports Medicine as a Personal Trainer and a Registered Dietican (RD). You definitely need to have a Certified Personal Trainer, and it will enhance your overall program if you also have a Registered Dietician. As far as diabetes or heart disease go, you can create your content based on a book that helps people better understand these diseases.
To view the full article, please Log In.
If you are not a Paid Subscriber, we welcome you to Subscribe Now.