A Letter From John McCarthy About Augie's Quest
- For this article, Log In to:
- View eVersion | Download PDF
Dear Friend of Augie and of Augie's Quest,
Thanks to you, and above all, to Augie and Lynne, we now have a drug, AT-1501, that may be the BREAKTHROUGH we have all been hoping for.
Let me tell you about AT-1501:
In lab tests:
- 1. AT-1501 has extended life expectancy beyond any other drug that has advanced into human clinical trials;
- 2. AT-1501 delays disease onset;
- 3. AT-1501 improved body weight, signaling that muscle is healthier;
- 4. AT-1501 improved the number of neuro-muscular junctions that remain intact, allowing more muscle to remain functional; and
- 5. AT-1501 decreased indications of inflammation in nerves and spinal cord.
Funds-willing, we expect to have AT-1501 begin human clinical trials in 2018.
Thus, thanks to your generosity, and to that of so many others, we now have a drug on the brink of a major breakthrough.
Please join me at IHRSA in San Diego at the Marriott Marquis on the evening of Friday, March 23, as we celebrate the progress we have made and support the next stage of development: human clinical trials.
You can reserve a table, purchase seats, or make a contribution at www.augiesquest.als.net/bash.
Or, you can donate an item for the Silent Auction by contacting Kelly Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm looking forward to seeing you at our biggest and best BASH ever.
With Warm Regards,
Chair, Bash for Augie's Quest
To view the full article, please Log In.
If you are not a Paid Subscriber, we welcome you to Subscribe Now.