Behaviors of the Best Health Club Salespeople
- For this article, Log In to:
- View eVersion | Download PDF
I have had the opportunity to witness many different health club salespeople in many different situations, and I have seen some common habits and traits that, over and over, will define the best salespeople in the health club industry. Many times, it's these small differences that separate the winners from the losers in the fitness business. Here is what I have seen (Let us hear your thoughts):
- 1. Winning Attitude. It all starts with you. If your attitude is not right, your prospect will not respond in the way you want him to. Your attitude determines everything. Your attitude decides your altitude.
- 2. Plan of action. The great ones all have a plan on how they want to get things done. No flying by the seat of their pants. They have studied their training materials and practiced (over and over) their tour and membership presentation until it's nearly second nature. They know and participate in their product.
- 3. They keep their pipeline full. They are good at prospecting, and they have a strategy for lead generation and making appointments. The top health club sales-people have learned to embrace and enjoy prospecting. They don't simply wait for the next walk-in.
- 4. They bring prospects up to their level of enthusiasm. What I mean by enthusiasm is passion, conviction and belief. They develop rapport with club prospects by asking questions and by using their voice, their gestures and their posture when interacting with a health club guest.
To view the full article, please Log In.
If you are not a Paid Subscriber, we welcome you to Subscribe Now.