Club Industry 2017 is on The Horizon!
A Focus On This Year's Educational Tracks
- For this article, Log In to:
- View eVersion | Download PDF
It's that time of year again; the 2017 Club Industry Show is on the horizon and will take place in Chicago, October 4 - 6 at the Chicago Hilton Hotel. We want to take a moment to inform you about this year's educational tracks. Every year, the educational value of Club Industry cannot be understated, and this year is no exception. This year's tracks include:
- Active and Personal Training - The Active and Personal Training Track focuses on two parts of training. The more active sessions focus on the hands-on mechanics of training. The rest of the sessions focus on the business and personal development of trainers and creating better training departments.
- Business Basics - The Business Basics Track includes sessions about operations and the three levels of doing business. Developed by REX Roundtables, the sessions focus on how staff and management are adapting their operations to trends related to sales, marketing, retention, managing by the numbers, cost savings, staffing and facilities.
- Leadership Mastery - The Leadership Mastery Track is for individuals already in leadership positions who want to increase their leadership skills. But, it's also for individuals looking to move into leadership who want to develop those skills. The focus will be on how to strategize and focus on macro issues.
- Marketing - The Marketing Track will help fitness staff members who are overwhelmed about how to create a brand message and market that message (via social, media, direct mail and new mediums) to the right segment of the market so they can generate the right leads that translate to the right members.
- Programming - The Programming Track offers sessions on creating the best programming possible for the membership base at each club, including how to determine which type of programming "speaks" to membership needs and how to create year-round programming that keeps members and staff excited.
- Retention - In the Retention Track, sessions focus on ways to increase retention, including improving customer service, creating rewards programs, developing better member integration programs, building relationships and even learning how to measure retention rates.
- Sales - The Sales Track sessions offer insights and real-world applications for membership sales staff, directors, managers and trainers for how to increase membership sales, non-dues revenue sales and retention for fitness facilities of all types.
- Fitness Studios - The Fitness Studios Track encompasses four sessions developed by the Association of Fitness Studios (AFS) to address studio best practices and market research that will help studio operators increase retention, grow revenue and expand their market share.
- Wellness - The Wellness Track offers sessions for commercial club operators and hospital wellness center operators who want to move onto the next phase of their wellness focus. The track will also share best practices and considerations for operators just starting to dip into this market.
- Technology & Trends - The Technology & Trends Track offers insights into the technology and trends that are affecting the fitness industry, how health club operators can adapt to each and what the technology and trends mean for the future of the fitness industry.
As you can see, no matter what facet of the health and fitness club business you are involved with, there is something for you at the 2017 Club Industry Show in Chicago. And, of course, be sure to make plans and allocate time for the Club Industry Trade Show, which will feature manufacturers and vendors from all parts of the industry.
• • •
Save The Date! The 2017 Club Industry Show will take place in Chicago, October 4 - 6, and we hope to see you there. As a reminder, Club Insider will be celebrating its 25th Anniversary at the show! If you have not already registered, now is the time to do so. Go to www.clubindustryshow.com/register and use the Promo Code: INSIDER25 for a 25% discount! See you in the Windy City!
To view the full article, please Log In.
If you are not a Paid Subscriber, we welcome you to Subscribe Now.